The Business Case for Diversity and Inclusion
Ingersoll Rand and our family of great brands have been very successful over the course of the last 140 years because of the quality of its products, the dedication of its work force and ability to deliver service. Ingersoll Rand is on a multi-year journey to accelerate our progress on our Path to Premier Performance, identifying three key areas that work together to ensure our success:
- Build a Progressive, Diverse and Inclusive culture
- Attracts, includes, engages us to value different backgrounds and experiences
- Spur innovation and creativity, growth through globalization, and development of customer solutions that engage all employees in the mission of Ingersoll Rand;
- Grow through innovation, emerging markets and services
- Deliver solutions and services that address a unmet needs for safety, comfort and efficiency across the globe; and
- Execute Operational Excellence to add value -- as defined by the customer.
- Through relentless emphasis on continuous improvement, Op Ex enables us to: improve work flow, reduce waste and engage those closest to the work to increase results.
- Through these efforts we can free up capital, people and time to invest in new, innovative solutions that address customer needs.
As the global marketplace changes Ingersoll Rand must also change in order to:
- Respond to the changing work force demographics in order to attract and retain top talent
- Respond to the needs of global customers for new products and services
- Leverage the talents, skills and ingenuity of employees to drive innovation
- Be an employer of choice that fosters a work place that is welcoming, open to new thinking, and respectful of individual differences
- Engage employees in the decision making processes, changes and driving business productivity