Ingersoll Rand is driving strategic improvements in the way we purchase and pay for goods and services. One of the benefits of these changes is more consistent, on-time payments to suppliers. The following information is intended for suppliers that provide materials and/or services to Ingersoll Rand locations and provides the standard requirements your invoice must meet in order to receive payment from Ingersoll Rand. Please review with all personnel involved with customer invoicing and update your billing system(s) as appropriate.
Click on the below links to be taken directly to that section.
Important notes for Pay on Receipt (POR) transactions:
1. Your company name and address
2. Your payment remittance address (please include electronic payment details)
3. Your unique invoice number and the invoice date
4. Reference Our PO/BPA number, Release and Shipment Number – Only 1 PO and or Release is allowed per invoice
5. Our Ingersoll Rand “Bill To” address, as indicated on PO
6. Our exact “Ship To” address, to include the complete Ingersoll Rand company name (billing entity name) at which you delivered goods and/or performed services
7. Our PO line item number, material part number (if any) & line item description, as on PO
8. Quantity delivered with the exact same Unit of Measure, as on PO
9. The exact same Unit Price as indicated on each line item of PO
10. Invoice currency must be clearly stated and should be in the same currency as the PO
11. A breakdown of miscellaneous charges, sales and/or value added tax (as applicable), sub-total, and total
12. For Non-PO Invoices, the name and email address of the Ingersoll Rand employee requesting the goods or services. Please note that non-PO invoices experience severe delays in processing due to lack of information and may be rejected/discarded as invalid.
An acceptable invoice example is included for reference.
Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King® and Trane®—made a climate commitment to increase energy efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions related to our operations and products. We are partnering with our suppliers to eliminate paper from our procure-to-pay processes.
Suppliers to our North America locations (excluding Club Car) are encouraged to submit invoices via email to email@example.com. Suppliers to Club Car must mail invoices to the above PO Box. Emailed invoices must meet the following requirements:
1. Email subject line must include the appropriate reference: 459, 2380, 220, 2375, 2346 or Buffalo as indicated in the billing address table by Ingersoll Rand Business
2. Invoice image attachment must be in TIFF or PDF file format
3. Attachment file name cannot contain any special characters, i.e. ! @ ^ & *\ - ( ) # $ % : ; , .
4. Email size cannot exceed 20 megabytes
5. Each Invoice / Credit Memo must be submitted in a separate attachment
6. One email with multiple image attachments is permitted
7. Each attachment must have a unique name (e.g. Invoice.pdf, invoice1.pdf, invoice2.pdf)
Note – Emailed invoices not meeting the above requirements will be returned to email sender of record.
North America Contact Information:
The Ingersoll Rand Procurement Administrator (PA) or “buyer” is the primary point of contact for questions regarding purchase orders, items, services, pricing, quantities, delivery requirements, terms and conditions of purchase. Please reference our Purchase Order for contact details.
Suppliers who are setup to use Oracle iSupplier Portal can access real-time information regarding POs, delivery information and payment status at the following Quick Link to iSupplier Portal. For more information please visit Ingersoll Rand’s Oracle ERP transformation and iSupplier site.
The Ingersoll Rand accounts payable service center can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 392-8539 for general questions regarding invoice or payment status. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST.