Ingersoll Rand Foundation
At Ingersoll Rand, we are committed to good corporate citizenship and believe that advancing the quality of life requires taking an active role in addressing the social issues impacting our company and communities, and so we use the Ingersoll Rand Foundation as our resource for company philanthropy and humanitarian work. Through our charitable partnerships, the Ingersoll Rand Foundation advances our efforts in creating a world of sustainable progress.
Furthermore, we are passionate about building a better future. Both our company’s and the Foundation’s purposes align in our commitment to advance the quality of life. To achieve this goal, we have developed charitable partnerships to help build safe, comfortable, efficient and educated communities. In doing so, we maintain a mutually beneficial relationship with the communities in which we operate to preserve attractiveness as a place of employment, build employee morale and engagement, be a socially responsible business, maintain trust and credibility during uncertain times and inoculate against problems.
To align our global businesses and employees with a common vision for corporate citizenship, Ingersoll Rand has established the Ingersoll Rand Global Citizenship Council. The Council will strive to make recommendations that focus resources on areas where Ingersoll Rand can make a difference. The Council and the Ingersoll Rand Foundation's corporate philanthropy program are guided by these core principles:
- Achieving Impact: Our objective is to make resource investments that lead to measurable, observable changes in people, communities and the environment.
- Advancing Business-Community Synergy: Corporate citizenship for its own sake is intrinsically valuable. Our philanthropic efforts are responsive to both our communities and our business interests, and effectively use our unique resources.
- Community Responsiveness: Our philanthropic efforts are responsive to identified needs in the community that are appropriate for our involvement.
- Employee Preference: The interests and preferences and volunteer efforts of our employees are recognized in the community programs we support.
- Globalization and Diversity: Awareness of people, issues, communities and environments around the world, is an important element of our corporate citizenship responsibility.
- Inspiring Progress and Sustainability: Working toward sustainable solutions requires an integrated view of a community and the various issues and indicators that link that community’s environment, society and economy.
It will be the policy of Ingersoll Rand to focus corporate charitable contributions on those areas recommended by the Global Citizenship Council. The Ingersoll Rand Foundation will not support contributions to, nor will it sponsor employee involvement with, political organizations, candidates, public office holders, fraternal or labor organizations, or any cause that is inconsistent with the letter and spirit of the company’s Code of Conduct, values, business mission, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
In support of our mission to advance the quality of life around the world, the Ingersoll Rand Foundation offers philanthropic programs for our employees and the general public to take part in (click here to see a list of last year’s donor recipients). Currently, we do not accept unsolicited grant requests at this time, for more information about our programs, please email us at Foundation@irco.com