CARMEL, IN (INGERSOLL RAND NEWS SERVICE) -- The headquarters offices of Security Technologies and Residential Solutions were recognized by United Way of Central Indiana for their strong joint contribution to the local 2009 United Way campaign. The Ingersoll Rand businesses placed:
- first in Largest Increase in Overall Giving
- second in Largest Increase in Contributors
- first in Largest Increase in Employee Giving
- second in Largest Increase in Corporate Giving
- fifth in Hamilton County overall annual giving
The Ingersoll Rand businesses were also presented with the Company that Cares Award.
The United Way of Central Indiana's 2009 campaign raised a total of $2.8 million, just shy of the $2.9 million goal, for vital human services, education, new projects and partnerships. Joan Isaac, United Way’s Hamilton County area director, called the results, "strong, in the wake of trying global economic conditions."